Orders are in, we now know officially the direction (literally) our lives will go.
For those of you that don’t know, Charley is in his final year of residency for Orthopedic Surgery. We’ve been here for 5 years and now, it’s time for us to move on. He owes 4 years (the length of medical school) and off we go to pay it back. On to new adventures, new experiences,and new people.
This move is just one of many stressful things that we have going on. Just in case you’re curious, here’s what else we will be up to:
- Searching for a new home
- Selling the house
- Charley’s boards
- 2 week board review course for him in Maine
- Actually moving and getting settled
- Charley leaving for 2 months of OBC – kind of like boot camp for officers (no, he’s not done it yet)
- Officially starting at a new location
- An upcoming deployment (which we don’t know dates yet, but tend to happen within the first 6 months out of residency)
All of that is through this spring and summer. Good times! It’s a good thing that I don’t mind a little chaos 🙂 So, without further stalling, we are going to….
Ft. Polk in Louisiana! There are definite good things and not so good things with this move, but overall, I know it will be a great experience. It reminds me of this quote: