This summer is fast approaching and I know people are always looking for fun things for their kiddos. Thanks to some lovely ladies sharing what they have found, I compiled a short list of local options. There are TONS of camps planned on post, but if you’d like to break it up a bit with something different, here you go. Be sure to share the information with anyone you think would appreciate it. I surely appreciate those that shared it with me.
- Gallery One Eleven is an art gallery in downtown Leesville. They are very active in the community and are always up to something. This summer they will be providing two sessions of an Art Camp for kids of all ages. The first session will be held from June 10-13th and the second is June 17th-20th. Each day the kids are scheduled in groups others around their age and they have some really neat experiences. According to their flyer, this is the breakdown:
Monday: Intro to drawing: Pencil, Charcoal and maybe Pastel
Tuesday: Painting with acrylics brush and palette knife painting.
Wednesday: Print Making (Monotypes) making plexus plates and printing. Younger kids will deal with Acrylics (9 and under) Older kids will deal with Acrylics and Oils (10 and up).
Thursday: Will be a collage with all techniques that kids have worked with to date.
To see the full flyer and print your own registration form, check out their website here!
- Swimming Lessons will be offered at the Beauregard Country Club by The American Red Cross. You do not have to be a member of the country club to register for lessons. Below is their flyer with dates and contact information 🙂
- RAD or RealArt Deridder will also be offering a week long art camp with a little art show at the end of the week. They have not yet set their schedule, so check their site for the announcement here.
- Warrior Hills is offering junior golf camps this summer. June 10-14, June 24-28, and July 15-19.
Each one has two time slots available and kiddos receive a shirt 🙂
According to the article, camps will include four days covering woods, irons, putting and chipping. Friday will be a play day.
Parents can watch their child play or play with them for $6
For more information call 337.531.4661
- Basketball camp will be held at Leesville High School from May 28-31st.
Includes a shirt, a basketball, and an award 🙂
You can find more details here.