Once upon a time, ok, ok…In 2014 I started Project 365 using my iPhone. The creators made the whole thing incredibly simple with an app that stored each photo. All I had to do was remember to take one photo each day. Just one. Seeing as how I take far more than that each day, this should have been so easy that they could have paid me to represent them!
Fast forward exactly 1 week. I had taken exactly 1 photo and it was on a day that I remembered that I had forgotten, so I snapped a photo of something ridiculous…like my toothbrush. After this tragic beginning I vowed to do better, and I did. Along came March, three whole months later, and then the unthinkable occurred. My phone decided it needed to be restored to factory settings. I had backed it up so everything was able to be restored except, wait for it…yup, you guessed it, my Project 365 images. Well, that did it, I quit because I can’t possibly start a year long project in the middle of March. No sir, that’s not when a new year begins, therefore, done.
Along came a new year, new goals, new adventures, and the opportunity for a new Project 365! And….I completed it!!!! It’s finished! I completed a full year of photos, each day. Here’s what I have learned after my major success…
- It’s not always easy to remember a photo each day, but I can back track and see specific days on my phone to fill in the blanks later.
- It actually does feel like a major accomplishment however trivial it may seem to be.
- You can set up a reminder on your phone…I realized this after finishing.
- It’s so fun to look back at the year’s worth of photos. These little snippets hardly tell the details of your year, but the little details captured definitely add some seasoning to your story. I love them.
- We’ve had a VERY busy year.
- And finally, I’m doing it again 🙂
So, I thought I’d share my little snippets, exciting adventures, sometimes mundane moments of nothingness that built my year. I highly recommend trying a 365 challenge for yourself. Just check out all the apps available in the app store. The one I chose was called Project 365.
Good luck and I’d love to see your projects 🙂