It’s Prom Season, y’all, and it’s time to start the hunt for the perfect-for-you prom dress. I’ve collected 6 tips for choosing your prom dress from Emily of Emily Rae’s Boutique to help you prepare, and find the perfect dress!
6 Tips for Choosing your Prom Dress
1. Figure Out Your Price Range…and do not try on things outside of your price range. If you fall in love with a dress you can’t purchase, then you will always compare every dress you try on to that one that is out of reach. As a result, you will never be satisfied with the others.
2. Fix yourself up…take the time to fix your hair nicely, and do your makeup before going in to get the full effect!
3. Try it on…anything, really, because you never know what you’ll like until you put it on. Some styles may not be what you’re drawn to, but they may surprise you.
4. Snap a photo, but…don’t send it to a lot of people, because the more opinions you have, the harder it gets to make the decision. Plus, it’s more fun to keep it a surprise for people sometimes 🙂
5. Comfort is key…seriously, this is a biggie! Make sure you feel comfortable, yet still love the look. Don’t wear something that makes you feel self-conscious. If you’re adjusting the dress or concerned about the way it’s fitting you, you won’t enjoy your evening, you’ll be focused on the dress.
6. Don’t settle…while you need to find something in your price range, you don’t have to settle on just anything. It’s totally ok to shop around, and even come back to the boutique several times to try on several dresses, or even the same one each time!
Want a Preview of this Year’s Hottest Prom Styles?
You won’t want to miss Emily Rae’s Prom Show on January 27th at the Hilton Garden Inn in Longview. The event lasts from 3pm-5pm and will include a runway show with the latest styles, prizes, a silent auction, lots of fun, and many other vendors, including me! Best part about visiting Emily for your prom needs…she’s got tuxes, too! It’s the easiest way to get the most fashionable looks for both you and your date!
Here’s to an incredible prom season! I can’t wait to see y’all!